Asian wok with quinoa
Asian wok is always delicious! Lots of vegetables and bursting with flavor, colors and aromas. We served this Asian wok dish with quinoa, which is super healthy. Coconut milk, lime, pepper, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder, ginger and coriander provide the yummy taste.
The veggies used in this wok recipe are sugar snap peas, red pointed pepper and bok choy. Also, we added plant based chicken pieces for the proteins and because we simply like it. This wok recipe is very easy. Chopping the veggies takes most of your time. If you don’t have the time, you can buy veggies which are already chopped for you.
ingredients Asian wok
- 150 grams quinoa
- vivera plant based chicken pieces
- 3 pieces bok choy, cut the leaves from the stalks, keep seperated and cut the stalks into pieces
- 1 red pointed pepper, chopped
- 200 grams sugar snap peas
- red onion, diced
- coconut milk, approximately 300 ml
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- half a lime
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cm fresh ginger, grated
- chili pepper, choose level of heat by yourself, minced
- handful of fresh coriander, chopped
preparation wok recipe
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package.
- Put olive oil into a large skillet or wok. Warm up over medium high heat. Add the plant based Vivera pieces and fry for a few minutes. Add the onion and chili pepper and again fry for a few minutes until onion is translucent. Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder. Cook and stir for a minute and add the sugar snap peas and red pointed pepper. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender and add the bolk choy (the pieces stalks).
- Lastly add the chopped bok choy leaves and the coconut milk and stir for about six minutes. Squeeze the lime above the wok and add the soy sauce and coriander, stir and ready until heated.
- Serve with the quinoa and sprinkle the Asian wok with fresh coriander leaves.
tips Asian wok
- Delicious with cassava krupuk (in Dutch kroepoek)