couscous salad with pomegranate
We really love couscous! It’s the ideal base for a delicious salad and it cooks very quickly, so it’s perfect for busy days. For this recipe you don’t even need a stove, only a water kettle. Within half an hour you have a tasty salad loaded with healthy ingredients. The salad is full of flavor, you don’t need a dressing. Only a good olive oil is all the salad wants.
The whole wheat couscous salad is loaded with spinach, avocado, dates, pomegranate, pistachio nuts and fresh parsley. The dates give some sweetness in this recipe.
Pomegranate is very healthy and contains a lot of vitamin c and potassium. The fruit is the symbol of good health. Besides, the beautiful red seeds brighten up any dish.
ingredients couscous salad
- 150 gram whole wheat couscous
- 8 dates, chopped
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 hands full of fresh spinach, (check if its clean)
- 1 large avocado or 2 small ones, peeled and chopped
- 1 handful flat leaf fresh parsley, chopped
- 50 grams (2 ounces) pistachios, unsalted
- olive oil
preparation couscous salad
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate. First roll the fruit to loosen the seeds. Cut the pomegranate in halves. Hold each half over a large bowl, seeds facing down and hit with a spoon on the fruit. The seeds will fall down. Watch out for stains!
- Tear the spinach into smaller pieces with your hands if you have large leaves.
- Add the couscous, avocado, spinach, dates, parsley and the pistachios to the pomegranate seeds.
- Serve the salad with a good olive oil.
tips couscous salad
- Add some squeezed lemon juice