Mashed sweet potatoes
Have you ever tried vegan fish fingers? You really should as they do an incredible good job replacing real fish. Combine them with this healthy mashed sweet potatoes recipe and you have a delicious simple meal. For this recipe we used the Vivera vegan fish sticks. But I am sure you can buy vegan fish fingers from other brands too. I know Quorn offers delicious ones too. And believe me, these fish fingers are just as tasty as the ones with real fish in it. Great if you don’t eat fish anymore, but used to love eating fish like we did.
Fish free sticks are a perfect combination with vegan mashed sweet potatoes. Together with garden peas and sun-dried tomatoes this dish is packed with flavor and colors. Easy recipe and great results! Serve the potato dish with applesauce, highly recommended! I still have homemade applesauce in the freezer and only have to warm it up.
Ingredients healthy mashed sweet potatoes
- 850 grams of sweet potatoes
- 400 grams of frozen garden peas
- vegan fish fingers
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 ml of plant-based milk; I used almond milk
- pinch of pepper, add to taste
Preparation vegan mashed sweet potatoes
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into pieces and cook until they are soft.
- Boil the garden peas for a few minutes.
- Fry the fish fingers in a skillet with a dash of oil until crispy.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the plant-based milk and the ground pepper.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into pieces and add them together with the garden peas to the sweet potatoes. Mix all the ingredients. Serve the healthy mashed sweet potatoes with the fried fish fingers.
Tips healthy mashed sweet potatoes
- Serve with (homemade) applesauce and garnish with nutritional yeast if you like.
- Combine sweet potatoes with a vegan burger or fried tofu.
- Add beans or chickpeas to the sweet potatoes instead of using a fish or meat substitute.