low carb salad
Do you like seaweed salad, tofu, lots of veggies and Japanese mayo sauce? Than you might want to try this healthy low carb salad recipe! We like to eat low carb for dinner a few days in a week, especially salads are ideal. But of course you can add (or serve with your salad) some carbs. Choose whole grain, because it’s much more nutritious and healthier.
ingredients low carb salad
- 2 hands full of fresh spinach, tear in parts
- 125 grams bean sprouts, rinse and drain first
- mango, peeled and chopped
- red bell pepper, sliced
- avocado, peeled and chopped
- 200 grams tofu
- 100 grams seaweed salad, we buy it in the grocery store
- handful of sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon kecap (also spelled as ketjap) manis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
preparation low carb salad
- Drain the tofu and press as much as possible moisture out of it. Wrap a clean dish towel around the tofu and press. Cut into chunks. Fry the tofu lightly browned in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Prepare the marinade and add the tofu. Stir and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the spinach in a large bowl. Add the bean sprouts, the bell pepper, mango, avocado and the seaweed salad.
- Stir fry again the tofu in the same frying pan until browned.
- In the meantime, you prepare the Japanese mayo. Stir all the ingredients in a bowl and taste.
- Add the tofu pieces in the salad, drizzle the sauce over the salad and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
tips low carb salad
- Grill the red bell pepper first.
- If you want you can add some carbs like couscous or quinoa.