Asian tofu salad
Do you like seaweed salad, tofu, lots of veggies and Japanese mayo sauce? Than you might want to try this recipe for marinated tofu salad. Low carb dish packed with vegetables and Asian flavors! We like to eat low carb for dinner few days a week and salads are obviously perfect for that. If you like this recipe and still want some carbs, just add them. Always choose for whole grain ingredients as it is much more nutritious and healthier.
Ingredients marinated tofu salad
Asian tofu salad
- 2 hands full of fresh spinach, tear in parts
- 125 grams bean sprouts, rinse and drain first
- mango, peeled and chopped
- red bell pepper, sliced
- avocado, peeled and chopped
- 200 grams tofu
- 100 grams seaweed salad, we buy it in the grocery store
- handful of sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon kecap (also spelled as ketjap) manis
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
Preparation Asian tofu salad
- Drain the tofu and press as much as possible moisture out of it. Wrap a clean dish towel around the tofu and press. Cut into chunks. Fry the tofu lightly browned in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
- Prepare in the meantime the marinade. Turn off the heat and add the tofu to the marinade. Stir and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the spinach in a large bowl. Add the bean sprouts, bell pepper, mango, avocado and seaweed salad.
- Stir fry again the tofu in the same frying pan until browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Japanese mayo. Stir all the ingredients in a bowl and taste.
- Add the marinated tofu in the salad, drizzle the Japanese sauce over the salad and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Tips low carb tofu salad
- Grill the red bell pepper first before adding to the salad.
- If you want you can add some carbs like couscous or quinoa.
- Use tempeh instead of tofu.