vegan fish sticks with hotchpotch
Have you ever tried vegan fish sticks? For this recipe we used the fish sticks from Vivera but unfortunately they are no longer in their assortment. But you can buy vegan fish sticks from AH, Quorn or Vegafit for example. They are just as tasty as the ones with fish in it. Great if you are a fish lover like us.
Now we no longer need sticks from real fish, that’s for sure. We combined the vegan fish sticks with a sweet potato hotchpotch with garden peas and sun-dried tomatoes. Very easy to make and very tasty! Serve the hotchpotch with applesauce, highly recommended! I still have homemade applesauce in the freezer, very handy for meals like this.
- 850 grams of sweet potatoes
- 400 grams of frozen garden peas
- vegan fish sticks
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 100 ml of plantbased milk
- pinch of pepper, add to taste
- Peel the sweet potatoes, cut into pieces and cook until they are soft.
- Boil the garden peas for a few minutes.
- Fry the fish sticks in a frying pan with a dash of oil until crispy.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with the plantbased milk and the ground pepper.
- Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into pieces and add them together with the garden peas and mix all the ingredients. Serve the hotchpotch with the fried fish sticks.
- Serve with (homemade) applesauce and garnish with nutritional yeast if you like.