vegan sushi salad
No time or too lazy to make sushi rolls, but still want the taste of sushi? Then this salad is a great outcome. Vegan sushi salad is one of our top favorite meals. We occasionally eat fish, but we try to limit it, even though we really like it.
No fish is used in this salad, but it still tastes like sushi and it’s surely very delicious. The brown rice, veggies, nori and sesame seeds makes the salad very healthy.
Mix the sauce with the rice and add the veggies. I used cucumber, cabbage, bell pepper and carrot but you can use whatever you like. The avocado, sesame seeds and the nori give the salad that sushi taste.
ingredients sushi bowl
- 150 grams brown rice
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 3 nori sheets, in pieces
- red cabbage, shredded
- 1/3 cucumber, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- handful sesame seeds
- 1,5 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- wasabi paste, add to taste (we used 2 cm)
- pickled ginger, add to taste
- optional: soy sauce, don’t use too much
preparation sushi bowl
- Boil the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Place the rice in a large bowl, add the rice vinegar, toss and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Than mix the rice with the vegan mayo and the wasabi paste.
- Add the cabbage, cucumber, carrot, bell pepper and nori (don’t add the nori when you expect to have leftovers, because it becomes soaked), toss.
- Serve the salad with the sesame seeds, nori, avocado slices, ginger and if you feel like soy sauce.
tips vegan sushi salad
- Add tofu or tempeh to the vegan sushi salad
- Choose your own favorite vegetables