July 3, 2019 - by Sabine
- 4 serves
- Salad, Lunch, Main course
There is nothing better than a fresh summer salad during hot summer days! In this recipe I combined different kinds of crunchy veggies like chicory, fennel, Dutch carrots, radish, celery, apple and lettuce. Wallnuts and almonds complete this healthy salad.
Furthermore, I added vegan feta cheese, which we never have tried before. It’s not really the feta we are used to, but it’s really tasty and full of flavor. If you want some sweetness in your salad you can add raisins or dates. They suit perfectly with the other ingredients. The chicory salad is crispy, light and easy to prepare. We ate the salad as a main dish, since it contains proteins and fats. Obviously, you can serve this salad as a side dish for a BBQ or a summer picknick.
- Chicory, 2 heads, chopped
- Fennel, 1 bulb, finely chopped
- Dutch carrots, 3 pieces, finely chopped
- Celery stalks, 3 pieces, thinly sliced
- Radish, 12 pieces, sliced
- Apple, 1 piece, chopped
- Iceberg lettuce, 6 leaves, chopped
- Walnuts, 20 pieces, chopped
- Almonds, 1 handful
- Vegan feta cheese, we used Violife
- Lemon, 1 piece, squeezed
- Plant-based mayo, 1 tablespoon
- Yogurt, plant-based, 3 tablespoons
- Mustard, 1,5 teaspoons, add to taste
- Maple syrup, 1 tablespoon, add to taste
- Ground pepper
- In a very large bowl, combine chicory, fennel, carrots, celery, radish, apple and the nuts.
- Prepare the dressing in a separate bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, mayo, yoghurt, mustard, syrup and ground pepper.
- Toss the veggies with the dressing or serve dressing separately.
- Use cabbage instead of chicory
- Add some slices of pickles to the salad
- Use avocado instead of vegan feta
- Add a handful of raisins or dates
Did you prepare this recipe? Let us know on Instagram. Share it with us using #ERRERFOOD or tag us in your post. We love that! ♥