January 23, 2020 - by Sabine
22 meatless meatballs
We have discovered Naturli; a Danish meat substitute brand. For this meatless meatballs recipe we used plant based Naturli mince. And these veggie balls are super delicious! Perfectly for using it like traditional mince.
Main ingredient are GMO-free soybeans, very nutritious because it contains 36 grams protein per 100 grams. Furthermore, they added coconut oil, tomato, penny bun, beetroot (for the colour) and almond. Also happy to see not much salt has been added, only 1.2 grams per 100 grams.
Naturli animal free mince is very similar to the animal version, but less bloody which of course makes sense. Raw looking, feels sticky and comparable with a meat-like structure. Use the mince for an enormous number of dishes such as spaghetti, burgers, tacos, chili con carne and lasagna.
Years ago, when we still ate meat sometimes, we used to make meat balls once in a while. In this recipe I used the same ingredients (besides the animal mince), only without egg and breadcrumbs. Turns out, Naturli mince is much easier to process than the minced meat made from animal. The mince sticks and the balls don't fall apart either while baking. Huge plus!
Season the mince as you wish. I added sambal, sweet soy sauce and onion. But you can use mustard or Italian herbs for example. We really like the spicy taste of this recipe.
What we also really like about this product is that Naturli thought about an environmentally friendly packaging as well, since it is made from 80% recycled plastic!
- Naturli plant based mince meat, 400 grams (we bought it at the Albert Heijn)
- Sambal oelek, 1 teaspoon
- Kecap manis / sweet soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- White onion, 1 piece, minced
- Ground pepper
- Take the Naturli mince from the package and put it in a large bowl.
- Add the onion, sweet soy sauce, sambal and a pinch of pepper. Mix all ingredients with your hands or 2 forks.
- Shape with your hands little balls or just your desired size and place them separately on a plate. We made 22 balls, I estimate you can make 5 large balls from it.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet and fry the meatballs over medium heat. Keep turning around till all sides are brown.
- For this recipe we combined the plant based meatballs with veggies from the oven, but the veggie meatballs can be combined in all kinds of dishes.
- Perfect to eat it as a snack as well!
- Add your favorite spices and herbs.
Did you prepare this recipe? Let us know on Instagram. Share it with us using #ERRERFOOD or tag us in your post. We love that! ♥